Sunday, December 21, 2008

3 More shopping days left!!

I am pretty much done with my shopping, but I can still feel the pressure of only having 3 days left! Do I have enough wrapping paper? What about tape...there's never enough tape! What about batteries? Did I buy anything that needs batteries? There's nothing worse than opening a gift that requires batteries and there are none. Food! I'll need food for the day. My mom and dad are driving down on Christmas Day and will need to eat when they get here. Christmas breakfast...that's a biggy, what am I gonna make? You see? Pressure! Oh, I'll get it all done, but the whole 3 day thing has me buzzing.

I made some lemon cookies with Dilly today. She enjoyed licking the beaters and the spoonula. She sucked on the lemon shells after I juiced them...and loved them! She had batter all over her face...it was precious, just like everything else she does. She even poops precious. Ahhh, I love that girl. She has a pretty pink fuzzy blanket with dots on it and pink satin trim...it's called Dottie McGee. Why? Glad you asked! At nap time, Dilly and I go to her crib and get her blanket and then head into the upstairs den recliner (the cuddle chair) to rock. On the way in there I tell her "Lets go! You and Me and Dottie McGee!" It's one of those things you say once and it sticks. My kids think I crazy for naming everything...but I think it makes it easier. I told Betsy the other day, "if I ask you to go get Dottie what will you bring me?" She got it right! That's alot easier than asking her to go get the pink fuzzy blanket with the dots and satin trim!! Anyway, I'm right...I'm normal.

Well, I've got to get the cookies out of the oven and slip in another batch. Ho Ho Ho!

No comments: