Tuesday, December 23, 2008

I'm ready!

I am ready for Christmas...oh, I still have to go to the grocery store for one last time, but I am physically and mentally ready for a day of peace and quiet with my loved ones close by. I was tired and cranky today. My darling husband asked me to run some errands for him today. I can honestly say that none of you...none of you!...had to do the errands asked of me today. First I had to go to the Strawberry Palace in Plant City to pick up 8 flats of berries. Then I had to run to the meat market and pick up 5 whole hogs...yes, I said hogs. Well, I drive a big Ford F250 Power Stroke Diesel...it's big, and the entire bed of my truck was wall-to-wall pig! They were frozen, de-haired and gutted... 4 of them were in boxes...but the 5th one's box ripped and so they wrapped it in plastic and laid it in the truck bed (I have a lid on the bed of the truck). I may be a farmers wife, but the whole "truck full of dead pigs" thing is just not my style!! My hubby really is sweet and his motives are completely selfless and good-hearted...but I did not share his feelings today...especially when I had to pay for the hogs! They were over $200 a piece! Well, the migrant camp will eat good this Christmas!! Can you imagine..."what would you like for Christmas?"..."oh, we'd really love a big hog to roast this year" It's so foreign to me that I can't seem to wrap my brain around it! Anyway, I am going to go to bed in a minute and hopefully not dream of fat roasted piglets with apples in their mouths. Nighty night!

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I know you and your family will have a wonderful christmas with that sweet little girl around. Merry Christmas!!!!