Thursday, November 6, 2008

I'm ready to talk about it

OK, I'm now ready to talk. My man lost. I'm over the shock and awe. After two days of reflection I am ready to give a statement. God has given us clear instructions for a nation that needs healing, and I do believe that our nation is in need of healing in many ways.

2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

It's up to us, God's people...christians! "My people" are the ones that He is telling to humble themselves ... pray ... seek his face ... and here's the biggy ... turn from their wicked ways. Do you think it will happen? I personally don't think that the modern-day christians care enough about the direction that our country is heading in to turn from their wicked ways. What wicked ways you might ask? Greed, pride, anger, hatred, sins of omission, not loving your neighbor as yourself...just to name a few. Christianity has become a feel good religion. 90% of christians today have no real spiritual depth. Many christians don't know why they believe what they believe and have very little knowledge of the Bible. I am amazed at the lack of biblical knowledge that many of the active members in my own church have! I'm not trying to be a doomsdayer...truly I'm not, but I honestly believe that this is the beginning of the end. Prosperity and selfishness have caused us to set Jesus on a shelf and dust him off every now and then when we have a little problem. Deep faith is only acheived when we are left with no choice but to rely on God and until we reach that place, we won't know how much faith the christians of our nation have. I am a true believer that God is in control and that nothing happens without his allowing it. I firmly believe that Obama has been put into this position for a reason. Is this our last chance for revival in America, the country that was built on a biblical foundation? Is God giving us one more chance to turn from our wicked ways? Will we? Will christians pray for the healing of our nation? Will we turn from our wicked ways? Now is the time people. This could be our wake-up call.

No comments: