Thursday, October 16, 2008

My Diet

Ok, so my daughter Katie and I started a diet. I wasn't sure if I was ready to put it out there, but, well here it is. I guess once you've admitted it publically, then it's real. We are doing the... (yikes, do I dare say it?) ...Beachbody Ten Minute Trainer. There, I whispered it. I'm a little embarrassed that I am doing an infomercial diet, but it had me at "10 minute". We are on day 3 and doing rather well I must say. We decided to kick off the diet with the "Lean Jean Plan" for the first 10 days for quicker results. Aside from the fact that I cannot move a single muscle in my body without pain, I think it's gonna be great. If I live through the first 10 days, I'll have it licked. The hardest part is the exercising...yeah, the 10 minute part (Isn't it funny that starving to death isn't the hardest part?). They intend to get a 30 minute workout done in 10 minutes. On day one I thought I would die on minute 2. I kept going doing my own version of some of the moves that I just could not possible manuever, but I was proud that I made it for 10 minutes. The kicker is, on the "Lean Jean Plan" you have to do (2) 10 minute videos a day. Cardio plus another ie: lower body, full body, abs or flex yoga. Let me just say, the lower body is awful...the full body is awfuler and the abs...well, I filled in with alot of crunches. Tomorrow I have to do the awful lower body again...when can I do the stinkin yoga!...Sunday, how appropriate...thank you Lord.

I'll be keeping you all abreast of our progress...my little 125 pound daughter can knock out 2 videos without a break...not to mention keep up with them. Did I mention that I hate her? Until tomorrow....

4 comments:

Emmi said...

he he he you'll be right there with your daughter in no time.

Kelly Dawn said...

lmao...you are too funny... :)

Unknown said...

Hey Barbara, good luck with the diet! It sounds like you're doing quite a tough exercise regime, but hopefully it works out for you.

By the way, have you heard of Stacker 2's new Diet & Energy shot? It's a great pick me up drink since it provides a boost of energy while also helping you lose some weight. It's zero calories and comes in a tasty Tropical Blast flavor. Check it out at www.stacker2.com

I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by commenting on your post. I work with Stacker 2 so if you have any questions about the drink just shoot me an e-mail or ask me through the Comments. I'd like to hear what you think of the drink! Good luck with the rest of your diet plan. :)

Andy Gerrard
Brand Ambassador
andystacker2@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Keep us updated on the diet. I might try it after the baby is born. Lord knows I'm going to need a good diet plan in about 7 1/2 months! Good Luck!!