Monday, October 13, 2008

When is the cool weather coming??

I live in the Sunshine State so I don't know why I am surprised that it's still hot...in mid October! After living here for over 20 years, it still amazes me when the temp is 90+ well into October and even later most years. My mind and body are screaming for cooooool. My poor little pumpkins are sitting so proudly on my front porch with beads of sweat dripping from their brows as the afternoon sun beats down on them. Just the sight of a pumpkin on my porch gives me a false sense of coolness. My parents are in the Carolinas, bragging about their cool morning walks...you almost need a light jacket. My brother-in-law in Minnasota has sent pictures of his kids in a pile of leaves wearing warm jackets and I just can't bear to look. Please Lord...just a little bit of coolness...I sound like the Rich Man in Hell asking the Lord for just a drop of water to cool his tongue...it's not that bad...really.

No comments: