Saturday, October 25, 2008

Plans were made to be broken

Well, so much for the game. I was up all night with a sick baby and she is still running a fever. Her mama was out of town for a friends 21st birthday party...I don't even want to know... Poor Dilly has been trying to get sick again and by the time I got home yesterday afternoon her fever was up to 100. By 9:00 it was 102. She finished her antibiotic for her last bout a week ago and had some left over, so I started giving her that plus infant motrin and it seems to work for a little while. After I put her to bed, however, she started to throw up...let me rephrase that: after I put her into MY bed! Then the "comedy of errors" began...it wasn't funny then, but now that everything turned out ok I can chuckle about it. Here's the play-by-play: I lay her down on my bed and then I begin to take off my jeans so I can climb in with her. I have one leg out of my jeans when she starts to throw up. I quickly reach for her and pick her up so I can make my way to the bathroom...one leg on and one leg off. As I'm quickly hobbling to the bathroom I am trying to shake the pant leg off, but it just turns inside-out and won't come off! I have double doors leading into the bathroom and one side of the doors stays latched up at the top. My pants became stuck up under the latched door. As I tried to make my way toward the garden tub with Dylann vomiting the whole way, my pants refused to come with me and caused me to trip and fall while holding the puking baby. I did a great job of cradling her and she didn't get hurt, but I landed on my knees and elbows. FINALLY, I dragged my leg out of the pants and made it to the tub and held her over it as she continued to throw up. My bed is covered in it...I am covered in it...she is covered in it...there is a trail from the bed to the bathroom...the bathroom floor where we fell has a puddle...and now the bath tub is splattered. Unbelieveable! She finally stopped and I got her cleaned up with a fresh bottle of pedialyte on a blanket and boppy in front of the TV. I change myself and the sheets...grab her and climb back into the bed. She was pretty hot most of the night and I mopped her brow with a cool rag throughout the night. Hubby was home, but he has a bad sore throat and he was asleep in the recliner through it all. I am exhausted, but she is feeling a little better this morning. Her mama will be home this evening and I'm going to take a bubble bath (in the no longer pukey tub) and hide out in my room. Well, I hope I made somebody laugh today...or smile at least! I hope you all have a great day!

2 comments:

Kelly Dawn said...

ok i love you but i hope i can clean up baby throw up cause i could not even clean up my OWN kids throw up...still cant...Wayne does it..Cant clean up my own either...wayne or the kids wipe my face get me water and flush the toilet...if i see or smell it...i puke it...

Wont you be my neighbor? :)

Kelly

Unknown said...

Sorry you had a bad night. But it's pretty funny!! Hope she is feeling better!