Sunday, October 19, 2008

My latest decorating project



Leslie at 2807 Sunflower Lane blog has inspired me to post about my latest home decorating project. She did a "quickie" in her bathroom and it's great! I got a wild hair up my butt to redecorate my family room...I can't really call mine a quickie although it started out that way...with the "wild hair" and all. Our old family room layout just wasn't working...it was too closed in and there wasn't any room. So, we ditched most of the large furniture...kept the couch and love seat and rearranged them to open the family room up to breakfast area. Taking out our old 9 ft long entertainment center left the largest wall in the room empty...what do you do with a 16 ft long wall? Well, the picture above is what I did. I ordered the gallery shelves from Pottery Barn and went through lots of family photos to find just the right ones. I bought all new picture frames in dark wood and silver and put it together in an afternoon...it was great fun. Thanks to my dad who helped to hang the shelves...drilling into concrete walls is a real pain in the arse! Anyway, it's done and I love it. Here's the room!

3 comments:

Kelly Dawn said...

oh I LOVE IT!!!!
come do mine.. :)

I love Leslie over there...


Kelly

Leslie said...

Thanks for the props.. lol
I love that room!! it's big, the colors are great, and the accessories are perfect. Don't you just love a "redo".

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

That looks wonderful I love it. I love anything with photos. Great room.
Take care, Chrissie