Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Wake up call

Tuesday's are my "not-a-thing-to-do-all-day" day. I love Tuesdays! So, this morning I was happily snoozing at about 7:00 am with Dilly Bug in bed with me. She woke up at about 5am, but I brought her in bed with me and she went right back to sleep. I wake up to the sound of my Nextel (downstairs in my purse) being alerted. Beep beep beep...beep beep beep...beep beep beep. Are you kidding me! My husband and son are the only ones who "two-way" me, so it had to be one of them. Why can't they call the house phone? It's sitting on the night stand! So, I pick up the house phone and call my son. Here is the jist of the "alert": Dad and I found 2 blue tick hound puppies on the bulletin board at the gas station and we need you to go get them. WHAT? Like I need 2 more dogs. So, he gives me the sellers phone number and I hang up and immediately call my husband. Yes, he confirms that I am to go get $300 out of the bank and run over to this guys house and pick up 2 puppies. What are we going to do with them? I live in a subdivision...and I have a mini-yorkie! He plans to take them to the farm.........tomorrow. Tomorrow is a day away from today. A whole day...with 2 hound dog puppies and a yorkie. As I type I can hear a duet of puppy howling coming from my beautiful screened lanai. I feel like going outside and shouting at the top of my lungs "They'll be gone first thing in the morning!!!!.....sorry!!" Oh boy, how are we going to get through the night? Tomorrow can't come soon enough, but when it does, I'll let you know how we made out. Help!

1 comment:

Kelly Dawn said...

oh hell.....i would cry! cry i tell ya...lol...My Alexander the Wonder Pomeranian would DIE if we brought another dog home...He is the prince of this castle... :)

Kelly