Wednesday, October 8, 2008

A new appreciation for my crock-pot!

I am following a blog about crock-pot cooking and I have been inspired to get mine out and dust them off (yes, them, I have 4). Last night I put 2 of them into action and it was a yummy night! I roasted a pork loin (which was wonderful by the way) and to go with it I made crock-pot mac & cheese... Mac & cheese is my all time favorite food. In the other crock I made dessert...yes, dessert! Crock pot brownies-in-a-mug topped with Edy's French Silk ice cream...my heavens! It all came out perfect and I even had pork loin and mac & cheese for lunch today too...too bad there weren't any brownies left, but I did have a little French Silk hehehe. I LOVE food, but I do pretty well with refraining from too many helpings. I really love to cook too and I swear, I spend 1/2 my day planning, shopping for and preparing dinner. Tonight we're having Mahi Mahi Tacos...awesome! I've made them a few times before and they are a big hit here with the fam. Well, I promise to keep my crock-pots a little busier...thanks for the inspiration!

1 comment:

Chrissie a.k.a. HoneyB said...

I've looked at that site too. I never knew so many ways to use your crockpot. I know it made me wanna try some stuff. If you try something I hope you'll post in here if you liked it or what you did different. I'd be curious.
Take care, Chrissie